Thursday, November 29, 2007

tito Wonder!



"Ebony and Ive-oh-wee!"
This used to be my favorite Stevie Wonder song as a child. My titas/titos (aunts/uncles) told me that when I was about 3 or 4 years old, I used to sing this song at the top of my lungs (and with confidence), pronounced Ivory as "Ive-oh-wee."

Ohhh lawwwrd, it's been a superb week. But to sum it together in so many words, I've finally surpassed those darn stages of mourning (a-la-four years later), but nonetheless the funk has escaped and it's a somewhat indescribable positive feeling. I'll save song and dance explanation for the documentary (on my grandpapi, grandpapi's music and mi familia) which you'll happily be able to see on dvd or jack off the internet pretty soon.

And the icing on the cake is that I mentioned to the homechica for life (a.e.) my affinity for Uncle Stevie and within 5 minutes of the conversation, she booked me a plane ticket to the bay just so I can go with her to this event.

Man-oh-man, if there were an award for the dopest, most caring, and most generous people in the world, I'd say that mi familia and the homies take the golden statue!

Salud!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home