Thursday, April 20, 2006

pure entertainment


all hail queen chaka

i just received the most amusing email from the homie RB. i'm sure you'll find it just as amusing all the same.
-----
Subject: Through the Fire ...

All: Trip out; I spent part of last week on jury duty. Low and behold, I was sitting inside the Jury Box listening to the opening arguments. And this was the case (see link)....Ms. Through the Fire herself, sitting in the front row. If you grew up in the 70's; or love soul music, you will definitely feel me on this.

http://abclocal.go.com/kabc/story?section=local&id=3437333

rb

P.S. I was excused after a series of questions from the judge and lawyers. They asked me if I would have trouble listening to the testimony of a police officer. I said that a bad experience with the XXXXX Police Department a few years ago did leave a negative impression. Then they asked me my opinions of the "Criminal Justice System." I told the court that through my years in academia, and with a Masters in Public Policy, I understand our Criminal Justice System to be a very lucrative business, alongside the proliferation and growth of the Prison Industrial Complex; supported by the fact that our country leads the world in the incarceration of its domestic population, all a part of the cycle created by our police force, judicial and prison system. My strategy worked. After the judge and lawyers went into Sidebar (i.e. private conversation), I, "the court would like to thank and dismiss Juror # 1X," was dismissed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home