WAKE UP

at the old crib- what i look like when i wake up
My ass needs to WAKE UP.
Wake up Mia-- you have 9 hours to get your script to the people(s), you have a day to update your WPI group, you have a week to finish editing, and 40 days until your next major deadline...etc.etc.etc.
Damn, I feel like I'm in school again because here I am procrastinating my ass off. But as my (tita) Junie mentioned in her last interview, "Our ancestors and parents didn't work their asses off so that we can just slack off. The least we can do is work just as hard as them- if not more to get to where we need to be and take care of ourselves."
Most of ya'll know that I'm a serious committment-phobic. However, now I know it's time to buck up and keep up with the big kids. NOTE TO SELF (and others): Here are some questions we had to answer within our "teams" at the Women's Policy Institute. I'm starting to apply these to ALL of my committments- at least I hope to.
A. Personal Communication Styles.
i. Do you prefer telephone or email?
ii. Do you agree to check your email/voicemessages at least once every 24 hours?
iii. What hours/days of the week will you set aside for this project?
iv. What days are best for you for conference calls?
B. Group Decisions.
i. How will BIG group decisions be made
(majority vote? in person meetings? conference calls? email?)
C. Group Roles.
i. What role are you comfortable with now?
ii. What role would you like to improve on and be willing to 'step outside of your comfort zone for'?
iii. How often do you feel we should 'switch' roles?
iv. DEFINE other 'group roles' i.e. if we cannot do something we agreed to do then find someone else on the team who can 'fill in' for you, if you are unable to fill a committment notify other team members immediately, etc.
D. Group Conflict.
i. What happens when a team member stops responding to emails or conference calls?
ii. What if one of you feels strongly that a direction the team is going is not right?
iii. What if there are disagreements about the project, issuesaddressed, project approach, or project strategy?
iv. What will happen if work is falling disproportionately on one or two people?
v. What will happen if a team member has a family emergency, work crisis, or unexpected change in her life?

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home