Thursday, October 04, 2007

arithmetic. all day, everyday.



See I never really new life could be so hard//
I never really new pain til I got scared//
I never knew people could be so cold//
I never knew wrong til I was ten years old//
I never knew fighten til I got my ass kicked//
I never knew gettin’ got til I got tricked//
I never knew healthy til I got sick//
And I never knew people killed people so quick//
Yo, I never knew mind power could be so deep//
And I never knew hardship was mine to keep//
And I never knew the wolves attack the sheep in their sleep//
And I never knew people played people so cheap//
Yo, I never knew that we was in such bad shape//
And I never knew what I would have to do for the papes//
And I never knew that I would put my life on tape//
And I never knew hip hop would be my escape//
See I never knew real folks could be so few//
And I never knew so many people don’t got a clue//
And I never knew beautiful til I met you//
But, never say never because it never comes true.
-aceyalone.

And the never knew epiphany of the moment is that I never knew how to embrace and appreciate hard(/smart) work and to really love the process (with all of its highs and lows) until just now. Well, not fully at least.

The equation is
hard/smart work +
a strong support system +
infinite faith + healthy mind +
infinite generosity +
having fun (during the process)

= unbounded & absolute possibilities.

Admirable arithmetic, truly.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home