Wednesday, May 07, 2008

the unlovelies


(untitled piece by u.b.)

I take the cue from/
Certain people I know/
I use the cue/
And then I/
Hand it on to you/

I trust the views of/
Certain people I know/
They look at Danger/
And they/
laugh their heads off/
(-morrissey)


the little brother made a reference the other day, "...Hitler was a cracker who created more crackers," as he proceeded to continue his thought, my sister and i looked at each other in utter amusement. we were amused not only because these words spat out of a 12 year old, but also because of the layer of truth to this simple reflection and (blunt) reference to history.

this is a continuous reflection in regards to the science and behavior of people. what are common characteristics of prevealant leaders and/or people who have been successful in affecting the masses? along with this, how are some not-so-lovely personalities able to gain commercial influence? At the same time, what aspects of personalities causes one to follow them? Beyond a "leader's" charisma, public speaking abilities and surface level values shared aloud?

it's entertaining to me when a person can know very little about another person and be able to assess "Yes, they are cool," or "Yes, I like that person." Of course, pop culture doesn't attribute to this quick train of thought, but it's all comical nonetheless.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home