Tuesday, June 09, 2009

ambiguity vs. clarity


(my sunshine by jayantara)


(beyond the black by utopic man)


(hfu by gnato)


(hold on by foximila)

Clarity's number one fan would be yours truly. I have to admit that the only time I can really appreciate ambiguity is when it's depicted in art work... for any other aspect of life I appreciate definiteness, directness, certainty. The more I immerse myself in the world of art and art making, the more I acknowledge how the ambiguous forms of (verbal) communication (amongst arteests) don't serve as much of a progressive purpose as one can assume.

The same principles can be applied to forms of communication within friendships, relationships, family. i.e. When folks try to communicate in an indefinite nature, trying to leave room for you to interpret their meanings, I interpret this as sinking validity.

Direct communication is the way to go. Say what you mean, mean what you say and say it with conviction... And if that's still a struggle, really think before you communicate. I'm obviously still working on this as well- But the more we work at it, the more transparent our intentions become.

Vagueness is so pre-2008.
Get on the direct-approach bandwagon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home